Emergency Dentistry - Corbin, KY
In Pain? Need Help? Call Us Now!
Have you or a loved one just been in an accident where teeth were damaged? Or, has that little toothache suddenly turned into a major pain? These and other dental emergencies happen all the time, so if you’re in need of urgent dental care, just give Corbin Family Dental Care a call. We’re able to accommodate same-day and next-day appointments so that no one ever has to be left waiting in pain.
Why Choose Corbin Family Dental Care for Emergency Dentistry?
- Can offer IV sedation to ensure a comfortable experience
- Latest technology helps us find & diagnose problems in less time
- Able to see emergency patients the same day
Dental Accidents & Facial Trauma
Broken and knocked-out teeth are very common for patients of all ages, especially those who participate in sports or often chew on hard items (such as ice or popcorn kernels). If you’re currently dealing with a damaged tooth, take the following steps:
- Contact our office right away.
- Try to recover as much of the tooth as you can.
- Rinse the tooth gently with water, then try to place it back into its socket until you can make it to our office.
- If this isn’t possible, put it in a container of milk or saltwater. The tooth must remain wet to keep it viable for reattachment!
Dental Emergencies Due to Oral Care Neglect
Teeth can often develop a lot of pain or sensitivity if an infection has reached the inner dental pulp, which is where the delicate nerve of a tooth is located. To get help for a severe toothache, make sure you:
- Contact our office.
- Gently rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Lightly floss around the tooth to make sure the pain isn’t being caused by something stuck next to it.
- Place a cold compress on the face or take an OTC medication to help lessen any pain.
Unparalleled Experience & Qualifications
Dr. Katherine Whitaker is exactly the type of person you want to see in the middle of a dental emergency. As a dentist with over 7 years of experience and a mother of 2, she knows exactly how to bring calm to even the most stressful situation. She and our team work hard to accommodate same-day and next-day emergency appointments so patients are able to get what they need right when they need it. And, to help even the most anxious patient relax, she’s the only dentist in a 40-mile radius who is trained to provide soothing IV sedation.
While our number 1 goal is to help our patients preserve their natural teeth for as long as possible, sometimes, the best thing we can do is simply remove a problem tooth. Dr. Whitaker may recommend an emergency extraction if:
- A tooth is so decayed or broken that it cannot be repaired
- Advanced periodontal disease is present
- Damage on one tooth is beginning to negatively affect those surrounding it
Should you ever need an extraction, you can trust that Dr. Whitaker and our team will go out of their way to ensure your comfort from beginning to end, using local anesthetic and nitrous oxide or sedation dentistry if requested.